- Coaching all levels, including a competitive junior team and masters, both sweep and scull
- Assist in day-to-day operations of the program, including scheduling, communication with participants, organizing races, travel and off-season training
- Maintain all safety standards and MR protocols
- Routine maintenance of equipment and upkeep of MR rowing site
- Report to and assist Director as needed
- On-water practice times vary but will likely fall between the hours of 6-9 AM and/or 3:30-7 PM.
- Junior rowing team practices M-F afternoons with races in May, Jun, Sep, & Oct.
- Adult/masters rowing is increasing in number and may grow to include a competitive group.
- Off season winter training and indoor rowing program hours vary and include teaching/leading community erg/fitness classes.
- Additional income potential through private lessons and development of rowing camps
- Significant rowing and/or coaching experience
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance and rigging
- Knowledge of safety procedures and ability to operate a coach’s launch
- US Rowing Level 2 coaching certification preferred (or willingness to attain)
- Inspirational attitude, leadership skills, entrepreneurial spirit, creative thinker
Compensation commensurate with experience. Applicants should send a cover letter and resume with 3 references, at least 1 from a rowing coach or colleague, to: email@example.com as soon as possible. Additional information at www.megunticookrowing.org. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you to all applicants.